Sunday, March 22, 2020

Quiet Time


The past few weeks we have all faced uncertainty of what we are facing at work, home, schools, our communities and even church.  Our daily routines are changing up a bit....kids are out of school, some of us are off work, a task of once going to the grocery store is even changing, and even our  church doors are closed. In this time of so many changes I believe we need to lean on our faith in GOD.  I want to encourage you to take a few minutes through out your day to have that quite time with Him.  He longs to hear his children come to him to talk, pray and take comfort in his presence.  In trying times we sometimes don’t know where to go in scripture so here are a few of my favorites to remind us that he is never far and always with us. 

 “Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6

“Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in God;  believe in me also.”   John 14:1

“I  sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.” 
Psalms 34:4

“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.”  1 John 4:18

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

“The Lord will hear when I call to him”. Psalms 4:3

“Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for your God is with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9




I would like to encourage you this week to take a few minutes of quite time to pray, listen to what God is saying to you, and even start a prayer journal.  He wants to be our encourager, our healer, redeemer.....everything we have always needed he has always been. He is already making a way. Take comfort in that.

Send a friend an encouraging text reminding them they are loved, they are special and what a blessing they are to you just as our creator is to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment